Discovery US Non-RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Launcher down

5 posters

Go down

Launcher down Empty Launcher down

Post  Legacy6141 Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:35 pm

The launcher is down. You get an error command when you try to launcher.
Legacy6141
Legacy6141

Back to top Go down

Launcher down Empty Re: Launcher down

Post  HighGuard Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:15 pm

Discovery forums , server and launcher is down. Since there was no update at this time you can use the freelancer exe file in the disco exe directory to manually log into the game. I also use account manager to change accounts when server is down
HighGuard
HighGuard
Admin

https://discovery-usa.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Voljin Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:46 am

I will give it a shot mate, However my computer skill is next to enough. Sad
Voljin
Voljin

Back to top Go down

Post  HighGuard Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:31 am

Legacy6141 wrote:The launcher is down. You get an error command when you try to launcher.

There are players on the server. They are adding the server address in manually and connecting to the server using sl account manager to switch accounts.

Rev said that when you use the launcher, exit the launcher when you see the circle turning and then add in -s67.241.91.122:2302 under optional arguments. It'll let you find the server.

Any ??? go on TS and chat with someone there. Tey should be able to help.
HighGuard
HighGuard
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HerbPipes Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:33 pm

im stuck till they get the update server up.  Unless someone can figure out what files where updated going from the 4.88.1 installer to what were running now and upload it to dropbox or something like that. If you sort by date modified that may help to show which files where updated. doesnt seem the devs or whoever runs there facebook shit is willing to help. (wont let me post the link to the discovery facebook page, but if you search discovery freelancer you should find it.)

HerbPipes

Back to top Go down

Launcher down Empty fix

Post  [ICE]Rev Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:30 pm

ok here is how I do it click on launcher then an soon as it shows up hunting close it out an bottom of screen tab. It will show up as a blue screen says it is their then the game launcher will come up. if you can put in optional arguments: -s67.241.91.122:2302 I have put this on all my cpu's as backup. cheers cheers bounce Cool

[ICE]Rev

Back to top Go down

Post  HerbPipes Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:14 am

yea.. i had to reinstall so i need to update to the newest version before i can play again. so until the update server is up or i get those files im stuck.

HerbPipes

Back to top Go down

Post  HighGuard Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:09 pm

The problem is there is so many updates and such large files from the new models, removed models and reedited systems there's no easy fix to it. You cannot just copy the latest files in your folders because chances are many other files have been edited since the launcher was released for download. I always keep a copy of the full disco game on my laptop so I can just copy it over if needed and I keep it
updated
HighGuard
HighGuard
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HerbPipes Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:22 pm

yea if i cant get them to start posting there updates offsite for manual updating (which i am gonna try doing) i will keep a backup on a flash drive or on my own "cloud drive".. and you know highguard you could always throw a zipped copy of the updated disco client onto your server and let me ftp it lol.

HerbPipes

Back to top Go down

Post  HighGuard Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:11 pm

Mine updates like yours. I have been trying to get them to post/ley ud download files since the start but no response.
HighGuard
HighGuard
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HerbPipes Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:05 pm

in theroy coudnt you just copy your disco folder compress it then coudnt i just copy (+ replace) your disco folder to mine and be good?

HerbPipes

Back to top Go down

Post  HighGuard Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:09 pm

Maybe. Mine has server backups of all the files so it'd be a HUGE file. Maybe you can find someone to try it?
HighGuard
HighGuard
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HerbPipes Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:17 pm

Absolutely Brilliant!!!! Thanks highguard. You are a gentleman and a scholar. Worked like a charm!

HerbPipes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum