Discovery US Non-RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good news and Bad news

4 posters

Go down

Good news and Bad news Empty Good news and Bad news

Post  HighGuard Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:30 pm

Holidays. Doctors. Sleep. Pills. Reinstall windows, reinstall server and copy files. Yell. scream at computer/cats/door. Repeat.

Anyway, My meds have been reduced so I'm not sleeping as much. Holidays over and no Doctors for 2 more weeks. Looking good. .R over at TSP said that maybe the game files were hacked as well as DDOS'd. Makes sense. Back before Christmas I had the server up using the old files and Rev, Fish and I were on the server for an hour or so. The problem is I copied those files over with the server files, not realizing it would crash and act like the main server.

So, I reinstalled windows, set the server back up and before I copied the files I started the server. It stayed running and the BINGO!!!! Kenzo logged in. Great! So I shut the server off and copied the game files to the server. CRASH!!!! Yelling and stomping and cats hiding. Wink

Tomorrow, I'm going to uninstall freelancer and all the server files. I'm going to reinstall everything. Them I'm going to try replacing the fl hook files and see if it's there. If that doesn't work then I'll start on the player files, adding them 10 at a time. I have around 3,000 files to check slowly. Hopefully I can save the player files. I still have the bases so those are safe.

Anyway, Feel free to log in and let me know if you can see me. I'll keep checking TS and see if it's up. Now that I finally know exactly which files to look at, we should be back up and runnin in the next couple days. If that fails, I'll see if I ive robo 10.00 if he can look things over. LOL
HighGuard
HighGuard
Admin

https://discovery-usa.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Good news and Bad news Empty Re: Good news and Bad news

Post  [ICE]Rev Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:50 pm

hey mate TS is not up now checking in to it. Cool

[ICE]Rev

Back to top Go down

Post  Windwyrm Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:20 pm

Hey Highguard and everyone!

Happy New Year! We are all lucky you don't give up - I would not have the patience for this so I appreciate this a lot. I hope you get even better soon and see you out there!

On the GC forum I saw a post with a name very similar to the banned player complaining that he could not save his games in single player or something. I wonder whether the admins there have any clue about him - I might be wrong of course. GC had its DDOS attacks in the past.

Anyways, take care and hopefully we'll meet soon.

Wind

Windwyrm

Back to top Go down

Post  HighGuard Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:14 pm

I've tried the flhook and other files. No problems but when I load the player files it crashes. JR said the files may have been hacked so now I'm going to be adding them 10 at a time and see if I can salvage any. Hopefully it's either his account or mine corrupted. Any way it goes I have the POB's and can reset them and then give players cash to resrt their chars or edit files. I'll keep working and let you know what's up.
HighGuard
HighGuard
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fishinthecity Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:53 pm

Hi all happy new year sorry have not been around much with all hectic stuff with xmas but have been loggin in to keep up noticed server is on list but they have just updated again so can not get in i have a room on TS public open called aardvark Password usa1 not sure how stable it is or what the quality is like.

Fishinthecity

Back to top Go down

Post  HighGuard Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:41 pm

WELL, i GOT THE SERVER RUNNING ON THE SERVER UNDER WIN 7. The problem is the win 7 reads player files differently than the original win xp. So, I can run the server but we loe the player files.

I'm going to dig up the xp install and try that. I'll let you know if it works or if we have to stick w/ the win 7.

If we keep win 7 I might be able to manuall edit the files if you send me your acct numbers. Like I said, I'll let you know what happens.
HighGuard
HighGuard
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down